10 Things to Know for Fall Break through the End of the Semester
From: Vice President Blanche Hughes
Date: Friday, November 13, 2020
To: All Students
Subject: 10 Things to Know for Fall Break through the End of the Semester
We have just one week left to go before a much-deserved Fall Break! And while we are all eager to get there, I know there are also some questions and concerns swirling as we prepare for virtual learning for the rest of the semester and face growing COVID-19 cases across the nation. We are all tired so I have tried to pull together a quick list of useful information and resources below.
Whether you are staying in Fort Collins, leaving town, or remaining in another location, I wish you well. It’s been a long haul since August and I am so proud that we have made it this far.
10 Things to Know for Fall Break through the End of the Semester:
- From November 30 – December 18 all classes and finals week exams will be delivered virtually. Visit Keep Learning for tips and resources for transitioning to virtual learning.
- The University will remain open to serve students and will limit hours of operation and public access to buildings. Visit individual websites or Keep Engaging for details.
- Support services including medical and mental health services, basic needs, and subsidized RamRide x Lyft rides will be available.
- COVID screening is available prior to Fall Break; register online before screening and schedule a time to screen.
- Flu shots are available at the Health Network for students by appointment only; call (970) 491-7121 to schedule your appointment.
- Students who are planning to leave bikes on campus during the break are encouraged to store them securely.
- All university apartments and some residence halls will remain open from Fall Breakthrough Winter Break.
- Off-campus students: If you’re temporarily leaving your Fort Collins residence, be sure to make arrangements for shoveling snow off your sidewalk and, if applicable, park your vehicle correctly to avoid fines.
- Review tips for gatherings and activities during Fall Break.
- Before leaving campus, please review the travel recommendations for Fall Break and holidays.
Blanche Hughes, VP for Student Affairs