Nov. 2020: All students, faculty and staff: Invitation to screen for COVID-19 at Main Campus site
From: Pandemic Preparedness Team
Sent: Tuesday, November 3, 2020
To: All Students, Faculty and Staff
Subject: Invitation to screen for COVID-19 at Main Campus site
Dear CSU Faculty, Staff and Students,
This email is an invitation from the CSU Pandemic Preparedness Team to submit a COVID-19 saliva screening sample. This is optional and not a requirement, but is strongly encouraged.
Saliva screening helps the university identify individuals with COVID-19 and stop the spread. See more information.
We are making saliva screening available to you through Nov. 20.
To get the COVID-19 screening you must both register (this step is done only once) AND schedule your screening (this step is done each time you get screened).
Register at this link – (link is only available to students, faculty and staff and has been sent via email)
- Please double check that there are no typos in your contact information and CSU student or employee ID number
- Students should use their CSU (local) address and not their hometown address
- You only need to complete this step once
Schedule a timeslot for your screening – (link is only available to students, faculty and staff and has been sent via email)
- The saliva screening process takes five – ten minutes
- Please make every effort to make your appointment window; if you cannot, you may still submit a sample during screening hours (listed below).
All saliva screenings are at:
Student Recreation Center
9 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday – Friday
After submitting your saliva sample, you may go to class or work as normally scheduled. You should continue to always follow public health precautions including wearing a mask and physically distancing.
Everyone who submits a saliva screening will receive an email from CSU_COVID-19_Testing@colostate.edu. You will receive this email with information approximately 24 hours after submitting your saliva sample.
This email will tell you:
- If you do not need a follow up nasal swab test and there is no need for further follow-up (there is no evidence of an infection with the virus that causes COVID-19)
- If you do need a follow up nasal swab test. You also will be called by the testing team if you need a follow up nasal swab test. Nasal swab tests are only required if there is an indication in your saliva sample that you may have COVID-19.
If you are notified that you need a nasal swab test, per university guidelines you are on a “testing hold” until you receive the nasal swab test results; this means that you should not attend class or go to work, and should avoid contact with others. While the saliva screening is voluntary, if you are flagged for a follow up nasal swab test, the nasal swab test is mandatory, according to university policy.
More information about the phases of saliva screening, testing holds, and when a nasal swab test is required.
*If you have symptoms of COVID-19, believe you have recently been exposed, or are already in quarantine or isolation due to a public health order, do not report for a nasal swab test and instead reply to this email. If you are already in isolation or quarantine due to a public health order, you should not leave your home, apartment or residence hall room. Instead, you should work with a CSU Public Health official who will help make arrangements for your nasal swab test. If you have developed symptoms or if you have a potential exposure or a positive test, you are required to alert the university through the Symptom Reporter.
For questions about the saliva screening process or nasal swab tests, you may email firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions about public health guidance, you should email ehs_public_health_office@Mail.Colostate.edu.
The Pandemic Preparedness Team