Expectations After Fall Break
Oct. 21 message to faculty and instructors
Thank you for your creativity and immeasurable commitment to refining the classroom experience so we could be back on campus and operational this Fall. With Fall Break right around the corner (Nov. 21- 29, 2020), it is time to share more around shifting from in-person instruction to all remote learning starting Monday, November 30, 2020.
This email serves as a high-level view of what you can expect post-Fall Break. Shortly, the Teaching Continuity & Recovery Work Group will be sending out more details around course and exam delivery while the Pandemic Preparedness Team will be sharing communications with more details around University operations and public health protocols. Please keep in mind that all public health guidelines implemented for the fall semester will continue for the remainder of the semester. This means any faculty, staff and students coming to any CSU campus after Fall Break will still need to comply with physical distancing while in university buildings, wear a mask, and report symptoms through the CSU’s COVID Information & Resources website.
Course Delivery & Exams
- November 30 – December 18: All classes and finals week exams are to be delivered virtually.
- Course instruction and assessment must continue after Fall Break through the scheduled end of the semester.
- All regular exams and final exams must be administered remotely. In-person exams are not permitted. Proctoring for online exams will remain the same.
- All technology support and solutions will continue to be available to faculty to support remote course delivery and instruction.
University Operations & Academic Support Services
- The University will remain open to serve students and will limit hours of operations and public access to buildings.
- University offices/units/services/labs will remain open and may have limited hours of in-person operation.
- All PPE Stations will be maintained as we have since in-person instruction began in fall.
- All University areas will adjust operations as appropriate per public health guidance in place at the time. Faculty and staff can expect to hear from their college or unit about specific adjustments in operations and infrastructure support for their areas.
- Morgan Library and the Vet Library will be open after fall break. Hours will be posted on the Libraries website.
- The Libraries will continue to offer laptops to students for checkout after Fall Break.
As we continue to move through this final half of the Fall semester, we have begun mapping out the Spring 2021 semester as well. Your Deans, Department Chairs and Heads, and I will have more information to share with you about the Spring as plans are finalized. The planning includes representatives from all colleges, Faculty Council and key support units across the University.
The gratitude I have for all of you is relentless. This has been no small lift and it is thanks to each one of you that our students and colleagues have endured this semester. Thank you for all you have done and continue to give.
Mary E. Pedersen
Provost and Executive Vice President