Estimated reading time: 1 min
The CSU public health office is notified of students or employees who experience symptoms or test positive for COVID-19 through:
- Shared information among state, county and university public health offices.
- Doctors, pharmacies and other testing locations are required to report positive cases to county health departments. These departments share information across counties and states as needed
- CSU shares software and information with Larimer County Department of Public Health.
- Anyone who works at CSU or goes to classes on campus would be “flagged” for notification to CSU’s public health office
- Data from free county-based testing sites is also shared with CSU
- Covid Reporter data goes to the CSU public health office – any student, faculty or staff who is experiencing symptoms or knows or believes they have been exposed to COVID-19 should report it online
- Any student, faculty or staff member who tests positive at a location off campus should report through the daily symptom checker to expedite contact tracing