From: Pandemic Preparedness Team
Sent: Tuesday, May 25,
To: All Students, Faculty, Staff and Associates
Dear students, faculty and staff,
Given the recent updates to public health guidance across the state and county, we want to remind you of the university-wide requirements posted in our May 4 communication at the top of the public health guide for summer and fall.
Now through July 31, to continue to protect the university community from outbreaks that would interrupt our return to as many face-to-face activities as possible, the Pandemic Preparedness Team has issued the following guidance:
- Masks are required inside university buildings. State and county guidance provide the university with the ability to currently require masks, even of those fully vaccinated. This requirement will remain in place as we gather and review information about student, faculty and staff vaccine numbers.
- Masks are not required in private spaces, such as a private office when an individual is alone, or in one’s residence hall room.
- Masks are not required when outdoors.
- Anyone with symptoms or a potential exposure to COVID, or who tests positive, is required to report through the COVID Reporter. The COVID Reporter continues to be a resource for individuals who want to report a concern in their work or academic space, too.
- Weekly saliva screenings for anyone who is not vaccinated are required. Please see changes in saliva screening locations and hours, which started Monday, May 24.
The Pandemic Preparedness Team will continue to monitor changes in public health guidance and information about the virus in our own Ram community, as well as in the larger Fort Collins and Larimer County community. Lifting the mask requirement outdoors is a positive step forward in the university’s resumption of a full return to normal status. However, we do continue to strongly encourage you to wash your hands, stay home if you are sick and continue to be vigilant regarding COVID-19, as well as to meet the university’s requirement to get the vaccine.
The Pandemic Preparedness Team