Submitting vaccine records, booster information, or declaring an exemption
Faculty and Staff
- Employees should document their vaccine status, including booster information, or declare an exemption in this portal managed by CSU Human Resources.
- Boosters are encouraged but are not required.
- Make sure you have your official immunization record in a digital format, such as a scanned copy or photo.
- When uploading booster information, you do not need to re-enter your primary vaccine series (first and second doses) information, but you can correct those entries as needed.
- If you have an existing exemption to the COVID-19 vaccine requirement, you do not need to request a new exemption for boosters. Boosters are encouraged but not required.
- CSU will accept all COVID-19 vaccines approved for use by the World Health Organization.
- Do not call Human Resources to request an exemption.
- Please use the portal or fill out this PDF form and provide it to Human Resources. If you are providing proof of vaccination, please include a copy of your vaccination card.
CSU students can submit COVID-19 vaccine information through the Student Health Portal:
- If you are a continuing undergraduate or graduate student, complete the COVID-19 vaccine booster form in the “My Forms” section of the portal.
- If you are an incoming first-year, transfer, or new graduate student starting at CSU in Fall 2022 semester, include your COVID-19 vaccine booster information, if applicable, when you complete the New Student Immunizations Form on the portal. Scroll down for detailed instructions on how to complete this form.
- New students wishing to declare an exemption to the COVID-19 vaccine requirement can do so through the New Student Immunizations Form. See the instructions below for additional information.
- Boosters are encouraged but not required.
- If you do not have any COVID-19 vaccine forms in the “My Forms” section of your portal, upload a picture of your COVID-19 vaccine booster record by selecting “Document Upload” in the main menu of the portal.
Please allow 5 business days for your record to be reviewed and processed. Once your record has been processed, it will be updated in the “My Profile” section of the Student Health Portal under “Immun History.”
Note: CSU Online students enrolled in a fully-remote program through CSU Online are exempt from the vaccine requirement and do not have to upload their records or obtain an exemption.
I am both a student and an employee. Which portal do I use?
If you take classes and are not paid by CSU, you are a STUDENT.
If you are paid by CSU and are a student employee or graduate assistant (GTA, GRA, or GSA), you are a STUDENT.
If you are paid by CSU and are an administrative professional, state classified, faculty, other employee on a salary, such as a postdoctoral fellow, or you are a non-student hourly employee, you are an EMPLOYEE.
If you aren’t sure which form to complete, please contact HR_service_center@mail.colostate.edu.
Incoming Students: submit your record or declare an exemption
New students starting at CSU in Fall 2022 semester must submit COVID-19 vaccine records or declare an exemption by Monday, August 22. For questions about the booster mandate, including eligibility and deadline, visit the Frequently Asked Questions page.
First-year students, new transfer students, and new graduate students should submit your COVID-19 vaccine record when completing the other new student immunization requirements by following these steps:
- Make sure you have your official immunization record in a digital format, such as a scanned copy or photo. Hard copy paper records will not be accepted. The record must contain student name and student date of birth. Please include CSU student ID number, if possible. If you do not have official documentation, consider having your health care provider complete the one-page Colorado State University New Student Immunizations Form.
- Log in to the CSU Student Health Portal with your CSU eName and password.
- Select “My Forms” in the navigation menu.
- Select “Immunization Requirement” under Form Name.
- Refer to your official immunization record and enter the dates of your Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR) vaccine doses. Also enter the date of your meningococcal (ACWY) and Tdap vaccinations, if applicable.
- Upload the scanned copy or photo of your official immunization record. Select the “Select File” button and select your digital immunization record. You may upload more than one file, if needed.
- In the “COVID-19 Vaccine” section of the form, select either “enter vaccine information” or “declare an exemption” from the drop-down menu.
- If entering your COVID-19 vaccine information:
- From the drop-down menu, choose the type of vaccine you received. Enter the date(s) of your COVID vaccine dose(s).
- From the dropdown menu, select if you have received a COVID-19 booster dose. If “yes”, select the type of booster vaccine you received and enter the date of your booster dose.
- Using the “Select File” button, upload a photo or scanned copy of your COVID-19 vaccination card, by using the “Select File” button in the section pertaining to the type of vaccine record you are uploading. Each file should not exceed 3MB.
- If declaring an exemption for COVID-19 vaccine:
- Carefully review the form and indicate that you understand the statement by providing your initials.
- Complete the remainder of the form.
- If entering your COVID-19 vaccine information:
- Select “Submit” then enter your electronic signature and select “Confirm.” This information will be stored in your protected electronic health record.
Note: If you are an incoming student and have already submitted your new student Immunizations Requirement online form without your COVID-19 vaccine information, you should select “Document Upload” in the main menu of the Student Health Portal. Select “COVID-19 vaccine record” in the drop-down menu, and upload a photo or scanned copy of your COVID-19 vaccination card.
Additional vaccine information for new students
- There are separate processes for exemptions to the MMR and Meningococcal vaccine requirements for students.
- International students currently located outside of the U.S. should consult your family members and doctor before leaving your home country in order to obtain your immunization records. CSU will accept all COVID-19 vaccines approved for use by the World Health Organization. Your immunization record must be translated into English.
- CSU Online students enrolled in a fully-remote program through CSU Online are exempt from the vaccine requirement and do not have to upload their records or obtain an exemption.
- You may obtain a medical or non-medical (for personal or religious reasons) exemption to the CSU COVID vaccine requirement. You will not be asked to provide a doctor’s note or signature to prove your reason for exemption. By completing the online form, you will have an exemption to the CSU COVID vaccine requirement.