Students: Invitation to screen for COVID-19 at Main Campus site
To: All students
From: CSU Pandemic Preparedness Team
Oct 27, 2020
Dear CSU student,
This email is an invitation from the CSU Pandemic Preparedness Team to submit a COVID-19 saliva screening sample. This is optional and not a requirement, but is strongly encouraged.
Saliva screening is the first step of a two-step process to help the university identify individuals with COVID-19 and stop the spread. See this link for more information about this two-step strategy (https://covid.colostate.edu/kb/two-step-process-saliva-screening-and-nasal-swab-testing/).
We are making saliva screening available to you through Nov. 6.
- Register at this link – (link is restricted to students, faculty and staff)
- Please double check that there are no typos in your contact information and CSU student or employee ID number
- Students should use their CSU (local) address and not their hometown address
- You only need to complete this step once
- Select a timeslot to take your test from this link (link is restricted to students, faculty and staff)
- The saliva screening process takes five – ten minutes
- Please make every effort to make your appointment window; if you cannot, you may still submit a sample during screening hours (listed below).
All saliva screenings are at:
Student Recreation Center
MAC Gym (enter through East entrance – see this map
9 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday – Friday
After submitting your saliva sample, you may go to class or work as normally scheduled; you should continue to always take public health precautions including wearing a mask and physically distancing.
Everyone who submits a saliva screening will receive an email from CSU_COVID-19_Testing@colostate.edu. You will receive this email with information within 24 hours of submitting your saliva sample.
This email will tell you:
- If you do not need a follow up nasal swab test and there is not an indication in your saliva sample that you may have COVID-19 OR
- If you do need a follow up nasal swab test. You also will be called by the testing team if you need a follow up nasal swab test. Nasal swab tests are only required if there is an indication in your saliva sample that you may have COVID-19.
If you are notified that you need a nasal swab test, per university guidelines you are on a “testing hold” until you receive the nasal swab test results; this means that you should not attend class or go to work, and should avoid contact with others. While the saliva screening is voluntary, if you are flagged for a follow up nasal swab test, the nasal swab test is mandatory, according to university policy (http://policylibrary.colostate.edu/policy.aspx?id=774). More information about the phases of saliva screening, testing holds, and when a nasal swab test is required is at https://covid.colostate.edu/wp-content/uploads/sites/34/2020/10/COVID-stoplight.pdf.
IMPORTANT:***If you are already in isolation or quarantine due to a public health order, you should not leave your home, apartment or residence hall room to get a saliva screening. ***
For questions about the saliva screening process or nasal swab tests, you may email firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions about public health guidance, you should email ehs_public_health_office@Mail.Colostate.edu.
The Pandemic Preparedness Team